Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon

Article about: Picked up today whilst out and about, large spoon maker marked dixon and broad arrow marked and dated 1942.

Default Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon

Picked up today whilst out and about, large spoon maker marked dixon and broad arrow marked and dated 1942.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have never seen one Jerry.
    Thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Blimey Jerry your like a magnet at the mo for ww2 bits and bobs...........I should hang out with you for a bit me thinks lady luck will change......nice spoon as well..............Jake.

Thanks Eric and Jake, it just shows it is still out there and perhaps living in the wilds of West Wales allows me to tap into less busy locations that are not as well trawled as those nearer to the bigger cities.
    Regards,

Jerry

Picked up a "normal" sized spoon yesterday for 10 pence. Condition of the bowl is a bit poor, but otherwise it is good, maker marked Mappin & Webb, 1930 dated and broad arrow WD marked, though this is a bit worn. It has the last four numbers of his army number stamped on it, though probably impossible to work out his unit from them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon  
    Regards,

Jerry

Just snagged this one from the bay, unit marked on the handle to the 4th Bn The Welsh Regiment. Sellers pics for now.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice one mate handy for the cornflakes!...

The Welsh spoon arrived today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon   Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon  

Arrow marked 1942 dated large spoon  
    Regards,

Jerry

1st spoons a fake Jerry,reginald Dixon played the organ ,never made spoons.-----Lol.

I bet those finds caused a bit of a stir!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast