Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aussie Issue Blanket

Article about: G'day All Thought I'd post a mundane item for you I haven't seen too many of these here south and especially with a tag. Funny thing is that this was somehow found in Ventura county Californ

Default Aussie Issue Blanket

G'day All

Thought I'd post a mundane item for you
    I haven't seen too many of these here south and especially with a tag.
    Funny thing is that this was somehow found in Ventura county California and has now found it's way back to it's native Victoria,
    I love that

Default Re: Aussie Issue Blanket

Army blankets were good well made items that saw long service after the war with families who bought them either as surplus or via Fathers who brought them home as a practical souvenir in the years of shortages and rationing which continued in many countries after the war.

Nice item.

Cheers, Ade.

Our army still used that pattern until late 1970s when replaced by new pink/brown with blue stripes type-the old grey ones were getting pretty thin by then-I first used them in 1975 school cadets camp at Burlong Camp, Northam WA-bloody cold there in early August on a canvas stretcher in a draughty tin hut!

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Our army still used that pattern until late 1970s when replaced by new pink/brown with blue stripes type-the old grey ones were getting pretty thin by then-I first used them in 1975 school cadets camp at Burlong Camp, Northam WA-bloody cold there in early August on a canvas stretcher in a draughty tin hut!
    hehehe Thanks Lithgow

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    hehehe Thanks Lithgow
    I like how you reply to him from a year ago.
    Cool blanket, though. I imagine clothe items such as these didn't make it too long?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    I like how you reply to him from a year ago.
    Cool blanket, though. I imagine clothe items such as these didn't make it too long?
    Hey when you post so many posts it's a little tricky to keep track of them all

I actually found a similair one here in the suburbs of Chicago at a garage sale. The owner was getting rid of her father's militaria ( a WW2 and KW Army Reservist Major). I picked up his KW field shirt, trousers and cap- but his older memorbilia was too much for me... "Its WW2, so it must be worth alot!"

Quote by artur95 View Post
    I actually found a similair one here in the suburbs of Chicago at a garage sale. The owner was getting rid of her father's militaria ( a WW2 and KW Army Reservist Major). I picked up his KW field shirt, trousers and cap- but his older memorbilia was too much for me... "Its WW2, so it must be worth alot!"
    Nice can you post a pic, Thanks for your reply artur95

Unfortunately, at $40 I passed it up. But for over 15 minutes I was studying it- just imagining how this could have been brought back from the war.
    I do have a few SA pieces from the war though.

Quote by artur95 View Post
    Unfortunately, at $40 I passed it up. But for over 15 minutes I was studying it- just imagining how this could have been brought back from the war.
    I do have a few SA pieces from the war though.
    Oh well $40 is a bit rich so fair enough
    By SA do you mean South African or South Australian? or other?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast