Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Australian Pattern 1937 Webbing Set in Pictures

Article about: Australia’s domestic webbing production was slow to get underway during the Second World War. The country was able to procure webbing from England, and later Canada, for its forces serving i

AIF
    ?

I see your basic pouches Rene and raise you a GMH made bino case dated 1943
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Pattern 1937 Webbing Set in Pictures   Australian Pattern 1937 Webbing Set in Pictures  

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    From what I've seen in pictures only the large pack and pouches where used, what I say is not gospel though! Pretty sure revolver pistols where not issued?
    Not too sure ,but thanks for the reply .

Quote by karkee View Post
    Hi Australia, I'm afraid I don't know very much about postwar webbing, so I don't want to mislead you. This is the best reference that I have found... Australian Load Carrying Equipment 1945-1988 by Rick Landers Hope this helps!
    Cheers

AIF
    ?

Quote by Australia View Post
    got a question about pattern 37 webbing , have you seen or heard of any cases of 37 webbing belt/holster being used during the Vietnam war period ?

Cheers .
    As you would already know everybody wore the Pattern 37 belt but as a parade dress belt and it was blackened and the rear buckles were removed. I have never seen or heard of a 37 belt being worn as a combat belt, although few years ago I was shown a picture by another collector friend of mine showing a 37 holster worn in country very early on in the war but it is the only picture I have ever seen of one being used.

The latest use of 37 web I have ever seen was a friend sent me a picture a couple of years back of his mate in Iraq (around 2003-04?) wearing a pair of modified Aussie WW2 large basic pouches painted in DPDU colours and with a WW2 type 1950's/60's web sling on his F88 Austeyr!

AIF
    ?

A little bit off topic I know, but quite interesting none the less...

If you look at the pouch he is leaning his rifle on you will notice it is an Aussie WW2 large jungle pouch that has had a section of web belt sewn across the front of it and the closure has been modified to s strap and fastex clip... Also note the sling.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Pattern 1937 Webbing Set in Pictures  

Quote by AIF View Post
    I see your basic pouches Rene and raise you a GMH made bino case dated 1943
    I'll fold Mate!
    Very nice

Figured to add a zoom in shot of the Ruskin Motor Bodies shot Michael post here.
    Love how we can see the fella punching in the buttons on the basic pouches
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-16-2016 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added text

?

Figured to add a zoom in shot of the Ruskin Motor Bodies shot Michael post here.
    Love how we can see the fella punching in the buttons on the basic pouches
    Thanks René! I think I see your pouch! lol

By the way, you folded too early to AIF! Perhaps he would've brought out something even more spectacular had you held your nerve!

Sorry I have to add the Harris double stamping and the address is not far from where I live
    I was just there today but no camera! but here's a google of the site

Quote by karkee View Post
    Nice pouches René! Those lazy inspectors, couldn't be bothered to stamp the back/inside of the pouches! lol

It appears that some of those GMH pouches have 1 inch closure straps, rather than the standard 3/4" closure straps. This must have been a direct copy of Canadian pouches, which made the same change in 1942. I wonder if the larger jungle pouches had 1" or 3/4" straps...
    Finally found my one and only large pouch () and is 3/4 inch. 45 mfg and can't make out the V no.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-13-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast