Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Australian Pattern 1937 Webbing Set in Pictures

Article about: Australia’s domestic webbing production was slow to get underway during the Second World War. The country was able to procure webbing from England, and later Canada, for its forces serving i

Not Aust patt but this is the earliest GB piece I have issued to Aust.
    Once used by a Victorian & a Tasmanian both early enlistment numbers-interesting it's visa versa locales
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-13-2020 at 11:13 PM.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Finally found my one and only large pouch () and is 3/4 inch. 45 mfg and can't make out the V no.
    This is the aftermath of my search for the bugger pouch!
    anyway there is a shot of a wide AF made wide strap!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-13-2020 at 11:14 PM.

?

Thanks for the great pictures of the large jungle pouch and 1939 LH brace René! It looks like a webbing bomb went off in your War Room though! lol

Interesting to see the 3/4" closure strap (I think that size was the norm on the large pouches).

Early British-made webbing is some of the hardest to find in decent shape, as it was used heavily by all the commonwealth countries before domestic production started.

Quote by karkee View Post
    Thanks for the great pictures of the large jungle pouch and 1939 LH brace René! It looks like a webbing bomb went off in your War Room though! lol

Interesting to see the 3/4" closure strap (I think that size was the norm on the large pouches).

Early British-made webbing is some of the hardest to find in decent shape, as it was used heavily by all the commonwealth countries before domestic production started.
    No problem Mate, well.... now I have to re organize it all

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Just going by Aust field gear, this is the earliest Aust made item that I've seen!
    Again I eat my words! just found this one to match in the depths of the junk pile! Good one to show the material colouring.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-13-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Here's a belt I once thought was Aust made but am unsure now of the MFG country Indian?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-13-2020 at 11:20 PM.

?

Never seen a 1942 Australian basic pouch! I suspect Ruskin made the full pattern 1937 set in 1942 and I think I saw a 1942 tankers holster from them a while back!

?

That may be an Australian belt René. The colored ink certainly helps that argument. Could the top line read "H. LTD" with a "D/|\D" below that? The buckles are not thick, but given that these a not Twigg buckles, it may be from a different batch (the brass fittings on my Australian brace adaptors are not thick).

I've heard that you can make markings clearer by looking at them with night vision goggles or inverting the colors on your phone's camera...

I'd be interested to know AIF's opinion!

You might be right Michael! I just did a trade for these yesterday so I pretty happy it's in my possession

phone's camera is a bit too tech for me & Wifey, as for the night vision, I have a set of 50's Polish tank crew that I can't find the bugger paddle to get it to work!!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast