Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Australian WW2 compass and periscope

Article about: by Trance_Eyes NooooooooooooooooooObvious reproductions! Better count the stitches on the pouches! Pity! Lololololol! Nice stuff Luke, cheers for sharing! Hahahaha!!! Good one mate, I knew y

AIF
    ?

Default Australian WW2 compass and periscope

Thought I would show my latest pick up an Australian made MK3 prismatic compass, The Australian made ones are 1000x rarer and harder to find than the British MK3s It has taken me years to find one of these and this is the third one I have seen in 10 years. It was made by J.W Handley of Melbourne (Victoria) in 1942.
    Hope you like i as much as I do

Australian WW2 compass and periscopeAustralian WW2 compass and periscopeAustralian WW2 compass and periscope
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian WW2 compass and periscope   Australian WW2 compass and periscope  

Default Re: Australian WW2 compass and periscope

That is so Thanks for showing!!!

Jealous!!!!! I only have the leather case
    Very nice

AIF
    ?

Also for comparison here is my ww1 type MK9 Verners Patt compass that we were issued Its also made by J.W Handley in 1941
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian WW2 compass and periscope   Australian WW2 compass and periscope  

AIF
    ?

And last but not least heres one of my weirdest and favourite Items in my collection a 'Pocket Periscope' Also made by J.W Handley Its complete with its canvas carrier also

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Jealous!!!!! I only have the leather case
    Very nice
    Thanks guys!! Dont worry Rene I only had the leather case also Ive been waiting years to match it up with a nice Aussie MK3 the case is dated 1944.

Very cool thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Excellent compass-I like it alot! Looks better than the US and German marching ones by far! And, yes-the "I don't wanna get shot in the head so I'll use This silly thing" is very much neat also! Even has it's original case! You have to wonder, if anyone ever managed to Use one of them! Weird it might be, but I want it! lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

AIF
    ?

Yeah Im not sure the periscopes were ever used or made in great numbers, at a guess I would say they were made for the North Africa theatre as I couldnt see them being used in the jungles. I have tried it out sitting on the couch and lining it up with the tv and it works quite well Id hate to use one in the trenches though as soon as you popped it over the top the chances a sniper would take a shot at it would be pretty high and you would end up with an eye full of broken glass.

NooooooooooooooooooObvious reproductions! Better count the stitches on the pouches! Pity!

Lololololol! Nice stuff Luke, cheers for sharing!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast