Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Battle Dress Buckle Compass Escape

Article about: Thought to show this one. I recently located this one that was MIA in the junk room for about 20 odd years Really made my year finding it back pesky thing was hiding in an old ammo box!!!

Default Battle Dress Buckle Compass Escape

Thought to show this one. I recently located this one that was MIA in the junk room for about 20 odd years Really made my decade finding it back pesky thing was hiding in an old ammo box!!!

?

Wow, great find, René!

Just like the button compass, I wonder how many of us have these without knowing it... (!)
    (Not many).

?

That is a great rediscovery René! Amazing that you can go picking in your own house and find treasures.

?

Very Cool. I have never seen one. So who made these? Semper Fi. Phil

Cheers Fellas, I don't really know which organization made it but I'd have to say it's British made and at a guess it would have belonged to a member of the RAAF who served in Europe?

Found it at a second hand book shop up the road when I was in my 20's.

This button one (Denim BD) also came from there and the card had three of them on it when I first saw it in my 20's, didn't have the money at the time so I left them. Went back many times to buy them but I could never find them back!
    Over 20 years later a mate of mine goes there and "poof" the last one appears with the original card!!! Thankfully he knew I was looking them after all of these years and gave it to me.

Great pieces and great story.

?

wooow very nice stuff! congratulations on finding

Cheers Guys, will be keeping these together with the silk maps! so they won't get misplaced so easily!