Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?

Article about: Hi Joe. The '14' is indeed for the quality of gold plating. As you've found, 58mm are small - I wear a 62mm size frame. I'm not quite sure of their age, as RayBan Aviators did not change muc

Default Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?

Hi folks!

I found these glasses a while ago at the recycling facility. To be honest, I thought they were just a modern reproduction...

Today, I saw Andy's flak helmet post, and he said he was looking for glasses. I remembered these, and figured I would give them to him to make up for a snafu in a recent trade agreement. Somehow my package for him ended up in Australia!

After work, I went home and grabbed these sunglasses and sent quick photos to Andy. Andy was nice and honest enough to point out that these may be authentic Bausch & Lomb USGI sunglasses... and they may be worth quite a lot of money.

The only markings I can find are VERY faint... I thought the markings were just pitting in the gold finish. The marking reads: B&L 58[]14 USA

Does 58 mean 1958 or something else?

THANKS IN ADVANCE, FOLKS!

Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?

?

Default Re: Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?

Sweet specs, i think they are legit!

?

They stand a chance of being ww2, I dont know much about these but I think at the latest they could be 50s

?

Sweet specs, i think they are legit!

Pretty sure they are too, I'm absolutely no expert, but I remember looking for some like these a while back for my pilot head. If you wade through the copies, the originals are rare indeed.

Andy

EDIT:

I have no idea how to date these, anybody know?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    They stand a chance of being ww2, I dont know much about these but I think at the latest they could be 50s
    I'm having trouble finding information...

58 seems to be the width of the lens. Not sure what the 14 means yet... If they were 50s vintage, I think they would be marked "RayBan" instead of B&L...

14 may mean that the frames are 14k gold...

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    14 may mean that the frames are 14k gold...
    I stand corrected! It looks like 58 is for the width of the lenses in mm while 14 is the width of the nose bridge in mm... I think...

?

I think Walkwolf is the man to help Joe, he'll be along in a bit, he only comes out at night.

Andy

My head is so fat...

Bausch & Lomb Aviator Sunglasses WWII USGI?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast