Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belt or sling?

Article about: Hey guys, I got a mix bag of military gear a few weeks ago. Someone was having a clean out and there were different kinds of uniforms in there, smoke grenade, 50's shorts, etc... There is a

?

Default Belt or sling?

Hey guys,

I got a mix bag of military gear a few weeks ago.
    Someone was having a clean out and there were different kinds of uniforms in there, smoke grenade, 50's shorts, etc...
    There is a belt that was in the lot and it has 2 hooks at the ends.
    Is it a belt or is it a sling or something else?
    I have a pair of Aussie army overalls, does anyone know what year it could be?
    Same for the slacks.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt or sling?   Belt or sling?  

Belt or sling?   Belt or sling?  

Belt or sling?  

?

The belt was used for webbing in the 1960's - 1980's. It is missing the buckles and keepers, which should be possible to find. Overalls maybe NZ with Aussie studs? No readable tags I suppose? WWII Map cases were sold in Aussie Disposals stores not many years ago. I have one.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    The belt was used for webbing in the 1960's - 1980's. It is missing the buckles and keepers, which should be possible to find. Overalls maybe NZ with Aussie studs? No readable tags I suppose? WWII Map cases were sold in Aussie Disposals stores not many years ago. I have one.
    Aussie made map cases were around lots at the disposals this one is UK made.

The buttons on the trousers do look like the NZ type, but this and the overalls could be 1950's.

As for the map case, a picture of NZ officers at Treasury Islands in 1943 with map cases. (Note the NZ camouflage uniform).

Belt or sling?