Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Black box R.A.

Article about: Hi Do you know what this box was for? I found her recently. Dimensions 51 cm X 23 cm x 18 cm Signed: R.A. (Royal Artillery ???) Thank you for your help

?

Default Black box R.A.

Hi
    Do you know what this box was for? I found her recently. Dimensions 51 cm X 23 cm x 18 cm
    Signed: R.A. (Royal Artillery ???)

Black box  R.A. Black box  R.A. Black box  R.A.Black box  R.A. Black box  R.A. Black box  R.A.Black box  R.A. Black box  R.A.

Thank you for your help

To be honest with you it looks like a home-made tool box. The initials 'RA' are likely to be those of the owner.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    To be honest with you it looks like a home-made tool box. The initials 'RA' are likely to be those of the owner.

My thoughts exactly. It does not look factory made at all.

If RA stood for Royal Artillery 'H' would know for sure but in any case there would be something other than just the initials such as a badge, an equipment nomenclature, part number or unit designation rather than just RA.

I doubt it is even military in origin.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."