Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help

Article about: Steel canteen with a black enamel finish,looks like maybe it was dipped.White ink stamped on bottom,looks like it is steel not aluminum.

Default Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help

Steel canteen with a black enamel finish,looks like maybe it was dipped.White ink stamped on bottom.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help   Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help  

Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help   Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help  

Love it, not common! Something I'm missing in the junk pile.

Very nice! These were only made during 1942. This one appears to be made by F.E.Co - Fletcher Enameling Co.

Ahh Chris Cheers! You are on it Mate!

Thanks guys!First one I have had,dosent seem very practical as there is rust where the enamel chipped off,on the outside at least.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks guys!First one I have had,dosent seem very practical as there is rust where the enamel chipped off,on the outside at least.
    I'm sure I read once that they were discontinued after complaints in the field regarding this very thing happening on the inside as well.

Thanks,here is a better pic in natural light.I wonder if they didnt scrap these and reuse the steel,I just dont see them around.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help   Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help  

Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help   Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help  

Black enamel US canteen 1942 info help  

?

Very nice I have a friend who collects them

They are uncommon but not rare, they also used blue enamel and I think I have one those lying around somewhere. All enameled canteens (should) have the early plastic flat top cap I believe.

The enameled cup though is VERY rare and fetches a high price whenever one comes up for sale.

?

Very nice canteen, I'm sure these cost more to produce than your regular stamped canteen as well. Even rarer yet is the enamel messkit which demands serious money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast