Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blue DUMMY Grenade and Tube

Article about: Hi Folks, I just wanted to share my experience and latest find. Background story: I met an M1 Carbine expert who lives about 15miles from my home. We arranged a meeting at his house, and he

Default Blue DUMMY Grenade and Tube

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to share my experience and latest find.

Background story: I met an M1 Carbine expert who lives about 15miles from my home. We arranged a meeting at his house, and he was able to tell me pretty much everything I could ever want to know about my Std. Products carbine... He took the time to completely strip it down and explain all of the maker marks and he also installed a flip sight, barrel band w/o bayonet lug, and push button safety to bring my rifle back to WWII spec for use in reenactments.

He also took the time to repair my M1 Garand bayonet that was damaged!

His work space was amazing... He was like the mad scientist of WWII militaria... He had every tool you could imagine for working on U.S. rifles... specific tools for removing the front sight, removing the read sight, etc. etc. Beyond that, he had thousands of pieces of militaria. Literally hundreds of carbines, Garands and a healthy scattering of Springfields, Carcanos, Arisakas, etc. He took the time to show me rifles that were still in their factory packaging, Garands with super low serial numbers (I think one he showed me was #500) and rare rifles like Irwin Pederson carbines!

I am so glad to have been able to do this bit of networking. It's also great to know that he is available if I have questions/ concerns or need a bit of work done on one of my rifles.

He sent me home with this! (Sorry for the poor quality pics... I'll post better ones ASAP.)
    Blue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and Tube

Default Re: Blue DUMMY Grenade and Tube

Another poor photo... but here is my M1 Carbine after he worked on it. What would have taken me hours if not days took him all of 15mins to complete...

Before:

After:

?

Cool story Joe and what a nice guy

Regards, Lars

Additional comments on my new grenade would be greatly appreciated! I am sorry I have been slow in producing better quality photos!

It's a M21 practice grenade, painted blue to show it is inert. There should be information
    printed on the top of the lever. Your example looks to be WWII era.

These were used throughout the 1950's too. Mine shown below has an 'M205A2' fuse,
    maker marked 'SKG-1- 13', and is dated '3-56'. The blue grenade body is marked
    'HS' and 'P'. The lever on this later design is mounted on pins, instead of being
    wrapped around the lip of the fuse body.

Nice that you have the cardboard tube with it.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue DUMMY Grenade and Tube  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Joe,
    Here is a link to one of my favorites websites on the subject that should help answer your questions.

American Mk.II Hand Grenade - Inert-Ord.Net

American Grenades & Ordnance, WWIand After - Inert-Ord.net

Regards,
    John

Thanks for the replies, folks! I will do my best to post better photos as soon as possible!

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks for the replies, folks! I will do my best to post better photos as soon as possible!
    Geese... Sorry this took so long! Additional opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Blue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and TubeBlue DUMMY Grenade and Tube

Can anyone help me figure out when this grenade was made?

Any additional help would be appreciated!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast