Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Bren gun carrier

Article about: Can anyone identify this, was told it is for the spare barrel and tools of a bren gun, but need clarification, any help appreciated

?

Default Bren gun spares bandolier

Can anyone identify this, was told it is for the spare barrel and tools of a bren gun, but need clarification, any help appreciatedBren gun carrier
    Last edited by paddy; 11-28-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Default Re: Bren gun carrier

it is indeed a spare barrel carrier for the bren gun it would have held other tools as well such as cleaning and exractor

And here I was expecting to see one of these...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bren gun carrier  

What date is it stamped under the broad arrow? I believe these were still being produced up until the 60's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    And here I was expecting to see one of these...
    Sorry for misleading thread heading, that machine would look good in my living room , Ned you are spot on, it has the stamping on the inside of the arrow head cover, but it is not clear at all, i would say if they were produced into the 60's, that it could be post war, as it is in very good condition, but can't be sure. Thanks for replies.

?

I would say that this is a late manufactured one, mainly because it appears to be pre-dyed green and not blancoed etc from the khaki brown that they were originally manufactured in.
    As an aside, they were still in use up to at least the mid 1990's with some units that held the LMG, (Bren rebarrelled for 7.62NATO), on strength instead of, or in addition to, the GPMG.

Regards etc
    Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy