Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British 1940 dated rifle bucket ?

Article about: I picked this up at the Brecon Militaria fair recently. It looks like some kind of rifle bucket either for a horse or a motorcycle . It is maker marked Cliff , Walsall and dated 1940. It is

RAD
    ?

Default British 1940 dated rifle bucket ?

I picked this up at the Brecon Militaria fair recently. It looks like some kind of rifle bucket either for a horse or a motorcycle . It is maker marked Cliff , Walsall and dated 1940. It is 73 cm long and 25 cm wide at the top , it has an open bottom end with a 9 cm wide opening. Does anyone know exactly what this is ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British 1940 dated rifle bucket ?   British 1940 dated rifle bucket ?  

British 1940 dated rifle bucket ?  

Looks like it would have been worn on a horse saddle to me but sorry cant help with what had been carried in it

It appears that the stitching across the bottom has come undone or been unpicked and that it was not originally open at that end?

Hard to see how it was attached to anything from these pics. Not seen one before so I can't really help except pass observations from what I can see in the photo's provided.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It's a saw case for protecting a hand saw. This is my example https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2015...rmy-saw-cover/

RAD
    ?

Excellent , thank you so much !