Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

British Anti gas items

Article about: Hi Guys, the respirator was the main peice of anti gas equipment issued but other items were also a very important part of the kit issue. War gases come in various forms. A lot of gases were

Default Re: British Anti gas items

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Next we have a rare peice of kit. The Anti Gas armband. These were a impregnated paper brassard worn on the upper arm with the loop slipped under the Battledress blouse shoulder strap to keep it in place. In the presence of gas, the paper changed colour altering the troops of the danger.

Nice early war dated item of 3/40.
    Very nice, super hard to find The troop on D-day use them.

Chris

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Rare harder to find pot of Ointment anti gas No.2. The jar is made of white glass like pot.

I have a couple of these. Both have the contents, but the ointment has now turned to dust with age.
    I have a variation of the anti gas ointment glass jar its dark brown and slightly see through.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Anti gas items  

Quote by joseph barrett View Post
    I have a variation of the anti gas ointment glass jar its dark brown and slightly see through.
    Hi can you please post a photo of these pots showing how deep they are and what they look like from the top. Iv'e got a feeling iv dug 100s of these up and left them behind because i thought they were vicks jars.

Thanks Andy

?

Here's a MkI anti gas curtain for the MKII helmet, as shown earlier the MkII & Canadian gas curtains covered the whole helmet.
    As you can see it has seen better days, but they are quite hard to get.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Anti gas items   British Anti gas items  

British Anti gas items   British Anti gas items  

British Anti gas items   British Anti gas items  

Quote by 381st digger View Post
    Hi can you please post a photo of these pots showing how deep they are and what they look like from the top. Iv'e got a feeling iv dug 100s of these up and left them behind because i thought they were vicks jars.

Thanks Andy
    They are only 1 inch deep.and just under 3 inch's across.
    Attached Images Attached Images British Anti gas items 

Hey Andy,

I've done the same. When I first started detecting the encampment I found a Load just lying around a tree. And I tool them home and dumped them. It wasn't intill I saw then on this thread.
    Then I found the 'motherload of anti-gas ointment' they are hard to clean up but some do come out

JOhn

I think mine look the same i will bring a couple home with me next time.
    Thanks.

Andy

cool pics, today I was digging (no MD) and found 3 newly discovered dumps one has a HUMUNGOUS stash of victorian era glass bottles and 90% of them are all intact, found for the first time a tube of this ointment anti gas no2 and lots of other weird things

Please please please post your finding !! we would love to see

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast