Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Army 1914 dated pouch

Article about: Picked up also this 1914 dated pouch today on the fea market , i am thinking maybe medical but not 100% sure

Default British Army 1914 dated pouch

Picked up also this 1914 dated pouch today on the fea market , i am thinking maybe medical but not 100% sure
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Army 1914 dated pouch   British Army 1914 dated pouch  

British Army 1914 dated pouch   British Army 1914 dated pouch  

British Army 1914 dated pouch   British Army 1914 dated pouch  

NCA
    ?

As nice as it is I don't believe this is military...the stampings look suspect to me especially the broad arrow....anyway what it is is a gentlemans cigar case.The leather case could be attached to a saddle.I'm not sure what went in the other space?I have a metal box just like this only mine is made from pewter.

NCA
    ?

Tack Again Website ok, sorry.It held a sandwich box and a spirit flask.

Thank you for the info , as for the stamps cant see the point in faking them when the item was only sold for £5 ?

ILH
    ?

Very interesting, first one i've ever seen or heard of with army markings (although often sold as military).... The sandwich tin is 100% civilian (if it has no other marks) and possibly a little earlier (1890s, 1900s-ish, silver plate can be hard to date)........... perhaps the pouch was made from war suplus leather and the maker ended up keeping the mark, perhaps it was made by a regimental leather worker so it got stamped even though it is an officer's private purchase item. The dust in the markings looks like they are original, but the broad arrow's stem is wrong (possibly damaged?).