Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Army Kit Layouts

Article about: I have published these two on my blog over the last year, but I thought those who haven't come across them might find them useful here as well. I am hoping the resolution is high enough to m

Default British Army Kit Layouts

I have published these on my blog over the last year, but I thought those who haven't come across them might find them useful here as well. I am hoping the resolution is high enough to make out all the details.
    The first kit layout is fairly standard, and is for the World War Two Tommy:
    British Army Kit Layouts
    If you click on the image it will make it large enough to see all the details of the key. The second is a little more unusual and is a kit layout for British troops in the Malayan Emergency:
    British Army Kit Layouts
    Hopefully this is something not too many people will be familiar with. I am hoping to take delivery of a large quantity of 1980s era British Army kit soon, so I will update with a kit layout for that in due course... In the meantime, this is the contents of a cold war British Army respirator haversack:
    British Army Kit Layouts

Ed
    Last edited by Warspite; 04-08-2016 at 03:16 PM.

NCA
    ?

Good stuff.Look forwards to the 80's stuff.

Btw...your first pic...Mess tins and elastics braces!

More than familiar with your NBC kit... gives me the twitches looking at it. CFT followed by BFT wearing full NBC including respirator then 100m shuttles carrying your mate fireman lift style still in full kit. The fun we had.

Quote by NCA View Post
    Good stuff.Look forwards to the 80's stuff.

Btw...your first pic...Mess tins and elastics braces!
    I know, I do have the genuine articles, but this is my reenacting set and they are far more practical to use!

NCA
    ?

Quote by Warspite View Post
    I know, I do have the genuine articles, but this is my reenacting set and they are far more practical to use!

I know what you mean..after a day of wearing non-stretchy braces it feels like you've been cut in half!also never fancied eating out of a tin plated mess tin...I use a 39' dated aluminium one.

?

Great displays Warspite!

Its been a long time coming, but here is my latest layout of mid 1980s British Army equipment. There are a few errors and things I forgot to add, but hopefully it should still be of interest!British Army Kit Layouts

Thank you for showing took me back to the good old days of the Rolos in the Ration pack being stuck together and eating just as much tin foil as sweets and the good old bacon burgers