Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British army shovel 1943

Article about: Picked this today, nicely WD arrow marked and dated 1943, maker marked HardyPick. Condition suggests it was allowed to rust at some stage, but still pretty solid and would probably display n

Default British army shovel 1943

Picked this today, nicely WD arrow marked and dated 1943, maker marked HardyPick.

Condition suggests it was allowed to rust at some stage, but still pretty solid and would probably display nicely, especially on a period vehicle.

I am not sure which type this is, it is quite short, and I'll look it up later.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British army shovel 1943  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I really dig that item!!! I have a couple in the garage, this year my GF used one to clear snow and ice...well it still works!! LOL

Dean O

Cool

You had snow this year ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Real Funny!!!!! we had both the coldest winter, some morning minus 37 degrees as well as the most snow I have seen in 30 years!!. The ice storms and high winds have killed many old trees, my property backs onto protected land full of wildlife and near Lake Ontario, I think all the older Apple trees are dead, as well as many others. It got so cold some days that people I know that drive "winter rats", older cars you use in the winter due to salt on the roads ect, blew the head gaskets...during one bad Ice Storm, 10s of thousands lost power, some not getting it back for over a week, very bad for older people living in Buildings as they could not keep warm, or get down the stairs

But my WW2 Canadian Shovel still worked as the GF did, I was keeping warm in bed recovering from a very serious Health issue..LOL

No offense ment

Dean O
    Ajax Canada