Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

British Empire Webbing

Article about: PATTERN 1903 - Components PATTERN 1908 - Marching Order PATTERN 1908 - Marching Order without Pack PATTERN 1908 - Battle Order PATTERN 1908 - Musketry Order PATTERN 1908 - Drill Order PATTER

Quote by karkee View Post
    Hi Jerry!

It's good to see you here too! I've honestly been reading your posts on this site for years, but I never really did any posting myself. I just thought I'd transfer a few pictures from the FB page over so non-FB users could see 'em.

-Mike
    Hey Michael I also are one of those non-FB users or any other of that genre, other than here- I even hate my mobile phone!!! So big time thanks for being here!

?

Quote by PhantomGuitar View Post
    Amazing collection!

I can imagine an entire lifetime collecting nothing but P37, and still not having that much

One question - what exactly do you mean by “musketry order”? I know what marching order/drill etc means, but i am unfamiliar with musketry being used in that context.
    Hey PhantomGuitar,

Thanks for the compliment! I do have way too much P37 webbing for sure. Some webbing collectors collect by maker, some by date and some by condition. I mostly collect by country of origin and try to avoid blanco if possible (I think it might be carcinogenic).

As for your question, I believe musketry order was intended for range practices and retained only the equipment necessary for those exercises. The 1934 Royal Naval Handbook of Field Training (courtesy of Karkee Web) describes Musketry, Drill and Fatigue Orders as follows...

British Empire Webbing

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey Michael I also are one of those non-FB users or any other of that genre, other than here- I even hate my mobile phone!!! So big time thanks for being here!
    Glad to post here! There are some incredibly knowledgeable and friendly people on this forum and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it!

I'm not sure if non-FB users can see this page or not, but here are some of the uniforms I put together with this webbing...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6788383&type=3

Glad to post here! There are some incredibly knowledgeable and friendly people on this forum and I feel very fortunate to be a part of it!

I'm not sure if non-FB users can see this page or not, but here are some of the uniforms I put together with this webbing...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6788383&type=3
    Yep I can see it, still have to look in detail though, so far this looks like it should be in print!!!!! I'd buy it

?

Yep I can see it, still have to look in detail though, so far this looks like it should be in print!!!!! I'd buy it
    That's nice of you to say René, but I really don't think there's much call for such an obscure topic. lol

It sure was fun to put together though...

Hey PhantomGuitar,

Thanks for the compliment! I do have way too much P37 webbing for sure. Some webbing collectors collect by maker, some by date and some by condition. I mostly collect by country of origin and try to avoid blanco if possible (I think it might be carcinogenic).

As for your question, I believe musketry order was intended for range practices and retained only the equipment necessary for those exercises. The 1934 Royal Naval Handbook of Field Training (courtesy of Karkee Web) describes Musketry, Drill and Fatigue Orders as follows...

British Empire Webbing
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Blanco, carcinogenic? Really? I had no idea.

My main goal has been to get a couple sets - one for reenacting (i.e. pieces that are extremely common, or already blancoed) and a nicer, almost unissued set.

I'd agree with that. The more and better reference books to be had, the better we all are off IMHO. It is great to look at items online, but failing holding them in your hands, you can't beat a good book.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by PhantomGuitar View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Blanco, carcinogenic? Really? I had no idea.

My main goal has been to get a couple sets - one for reenacting (i.e. pieces that are extremely common, or already blancoed) and a nicer, almost unissued set.
    I read that wartime blanco was carcinogenic here...

British & Commonwealth uniform

"Blanco made during the war contained carcinogenic materials and so today's re-enactors use blanco that comes in a liquid form. This can be applied with a brush but can be just as messy as the process was during the Second World War."

Hi Jerry!

It's good to see you here too! I've honestly been reading your posts on this site for years, but I never really did any posting myself. I just thought I'd transfer a few pictures from the FB page over so non-FB users could see 'em.

-Mike
    Great to have you here Mike and many of the members here are not FB users, so perhaps some of them will realise that FB like any other "tool" is as good as you make it and does not have to be full of crass and inane content. The same applies to TV, how many people moan about how crap it is, but if you search through the dross and select what you watch, there is some great stuff on there and the same goes for FB.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Actually collecting WWII British militaria can be hazardous to your health! The gas masks contain ASBESTOS, the compasses contain RADIUM, the blanco is CARCINOGENIC, and the mess tins have LEAD SOLDERING!

I'm amazed any of the tommies were healthy enough to fight with that kind of kit. lol

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast