Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Map Case

Article about: Here's a neat little thing I picked up ages ago, I never paid it all that much attention. Hopefully, it would have been something my father may have carried, he was a dispatch rider, 72 Wing

?

Default British Map Case

Here's a neat little thing I picked up ages ago, I never paid it all that much attention. Hopefully, it would have been something my father may have carried, he was a dispatch rider, 72 Wing RAF.
    I was recording some of my stuff, and having a good look at this for the first time realised it's a surprisingly well made thing for it's austere time. Hardly an earth shattering item though
    I believe it to be a 37 Pat Officers Map Case?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Map Case   British Map Case  

British Map Case   British Map Case  

Last edited by aj4010; 01-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Default re: British Map Case

Good original item. Case, map, G.S. No. 2, Mk. 1

Your Dad could well have carried one.

Strictly speaking, it does not form part of the 37 pattern webbing, but is WW2 in date.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

NCA
    ?

Nice to see.Its the economy canvas version.I've still yet to see one to buy!

I only have the webbing version too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you so much for the information. So this is the economy version? I was quite surprised by how well it was made. Does this mean there is a "Deluxe" version?

Best Regards,

Andy

Deluxe and British webbing are two words which don't normally go together. LOL!

I don't have any pics on file of mine, I will have to take some. It is the standard web version.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Deluxe and British webbing are two wrods which don't normally go together. LOL!

I don't have any pics on file of mine, I will have to take some. It is the standard web version.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yup, an oxymoron! I remember Dad saying something about hooks in the uniform shirt collar at that time instead of buttons?

Perhaps this is the other kind of case?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Map Case  
    Last edited by aj4010; 01-24-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Hi Andy, yes, that is the one.

Cheers, Ade.

Actually now I have got it out, mine is slightly different, it is not the ersatz version, so we now have three styles featured on the forum:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/equip...01/#post782290