Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Military Signal Lamps

Article about: I found these on ebay and they are interesting the price is for a lot of three here is the description: Old stock from WWII purchased at a London estate sale, these three lanterns are batter

Default British Military Signal Lamps

I found these on ebay and they are interesting the price is for a lot of three here is the description:
    Old stock from WWII purchased at a London estate sale, these three lanterns are battery op (not sure what type they take) and have never been used. They date to 1943. Each measures 5 by 4.5 by 3" when folded down. They can free stand. Or can be clipped to a belt. Lenses are intact, all things that should work and move, move and work well. They have a very cool industrial steampunk look. You are purchasing the 3 together.
    Here is the link: Rare LOT 3 Antique Wwii British Military Signal Lamps Lanterns Original Boxes | eBay
    And the photos:
    British Military Signal LampsBritish Military Signal LampsBritish Military Signal LampsBritish Military Signal LampsBritish Military Signal Lamps
    I know absolutely nothing about how old they are or anything else about them.
    Personally i am only mildly interested so i welcome anyone else who may be interested to bid on it is by all means welcome though if someone in the forum wins i would be interested in purchasing one depending on the price :P

?

They look quirky and well made. I like 'em.

?

These are very common in the UK and can still be found in large numbers in unissued condition as you describe.
    The batteries are no longer made but later batteries can be rigged up to work. They give the appearance of bicycle front lights and must be based on that but will not fit on bikes.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!