Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British No1073 gun sight 1943

Article about: Hi Guys, this came into work and is in really nice condition and is boxed. Any ideas as to what gun it is used with? I cannot find any info. Made by W Ottway and Co of Ealing, London. Thanks

Default British No1073 gun sight 1943

Hi Guys, this came into work and is in really nice condition and is boxed.

Any ideas as to what gun it is used with? I cannot find any info. Made by W Ottway and Co of Ealing, London.

Thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British No1073 gun sight 1943   British No1073 gun sight 1943  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Havent got a clue Ade, but it looks to be in bloody cracking condition mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hi Ian, thanks.

The rear mounting is angled at a slope. Not sure if that comes over very well in the pic. I don't know if that might be a clue as to it's use?

It came in a nicely fitted wooden box.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Bullseye, if you will pardon the expression!

I believe that this is the piece in question Ade. sight telescope PATT No G2020 (OPT 355)

Sight unit for a 6pdr AT Gun mate.

Regards etc

AKA: Jimpy

Hi Ian, thanks but I don't think it is the one? There seems to be several sights which have the same patt number. The one on the IWM site is a number 917 sight while the number I am after is the 1073.

Cheers, Ade.

?

No probs mate.

Regards etc

Ian D

?

Wow, amazing condition, Ade. An absolute keeper for the collection. What a beauty!

-Bas

Thanks

It is going up for sale once I know exactly what gun it was used for.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Looks like a tank gun sight too me, has the shock dampening mounts attached.. don't recall seeing that exact model but there are lots of different versions as not only different AFV's but up gunned versions as well,not even sure where to start looking but if I get really stuck I usually contact the dep of defence..they are usually very helpful and have fantastic records of course