Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Radio bergan and headset..

Article about: Hi chaps i have just bought this radio, Bag, carrier and headset. I am after the radio to complete it but does anyone have a clue what radio it once housed and were i could get one from... r

Default British Radio bergan and headset..

Hi chaps i have just bought this radio, Bag, carrier and headset. I am after the radio to complete it but does anyone have a clue what radio it once housed and were i could get one from...
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Radio bergan and headset..   British Radio bergan and headset..  

British Radio bergan and headset..  

Hmm, From the material etc of the rucksack I think it was likely for the Clansman PRC320 which although mostly seen on the steel (heavy!!) manpack frame did appear in various rucksack type designs over its service.
    However, having said that, the head-set looks more reminiscent of the older Larkspur series in which case possible the A41. As the change over from Larkspur to Clansman occurred in the late '70s / early 80's this might be one of the early nylon items introduced around the same time and which continuously evolved until the advert of the Bowman series (Better off with map and Nokia ). I am of a vintage to have knowledge of all three but can't say for certain though my bet is on Clansman.
    I hope this is some use. Do let us know when you find out!

Regards

Mark
    PS I was not in the R. Signals but I was a regimental signaller and I hate bloody radios of every stripe!!

Edi; PPS It could actually be an early Bowman item now I think about it. Doesn't narrow it down much really as my thoughts seem to cover late '70s onwards!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Radio bergan and headset..   British Radio bergan and headset..  

Last edited by Watchdog; 09-28-2018 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi mate, cheers for that . I was kinda siding towards the clansman, the Backpack is the same materiel by the looks of things to the Green Nylon S6 bag type. Its going on a set up with 58 pattern webbing, I pretty stoked as i have never had a radio set before, even got over looked by the Sgt's to carry one but having seen the sweat coming from the carrier i wasnt fussed ha..