Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Sterilizing Outfit

Article about: Hello, I have this sterilizing kit. It has been suggested to me that all wartime ones have cork tops, and that postwar have metal caps, like this. However I notice both cork and metal caps i

Default British Sterilizing Outfit

Hello, I have this sterilizing kit. It has been suggested to me that all wartime ones have cork tops, and that postwar have metal caps, like this. However I notice both cork and metal caps in reference books. Can anyone confirm if this type was used during the war? Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Sterilizing Outfit   British Sterilizing Outfit  

The problem is these were used for many years post war. I think many books have it wrong.

I would go for cork top if you want to be 100% sure of them being wartime.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for your help Ade.

NCA
    ?

Heres two from my collection.The one on the left is 100% wartime issue..note the cork stoppers, different colour tin lid and the style of the bottles.The left hand tin also appears to be lacquered rather than the gold coloured tins of postwar manufacture.I hope this helps.British Sterilizing OutfitBritish Sterilizing Outfit
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Sterilizing Outfit  

?

Heres mine, this came from an estate sale sometime ago, it was in the small pack that I bought, which contained a few other items.
    The Soldier had joined up in 1940 in Toronto Ontario, and was home in early 1946. so this should be wartime, and it has the early light brownish colour paint on it..so I think that at least some of these were issued with screw caps, perhaps mine is Canadian Issued, however there is no C Broad Arrow nor is there the British Broad arrow on it

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Sterilizing Outfit   British Sterilizing Outfit  

British Sterilizing Outfit  

Thanks very much for the help.