Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British WWII Gas Mask?

Article about: The kid found this while snooping around in an antique shop the other day. I guessed the price to be a bit pricy, with a tag of \\$95 USD on it but wasn’t real sure what gas mask this was exac

Default British WWII Gas Mask?

The kid found this while snooping around in an antique shop the other day. I guessed the price to be a bit pricy, with a tag of $95 USD on it but wasn’t real sure what gas mask this was exactly or its value. With a little digging I believe I have identified it as a late 30’s (1938) British Military gas mask but was unable to put any model number with it? Actually, I was not able to find much information at all about this gas mask, nor many examples of it. An uncommon model maybe or am I just on the wrong side of the pond?

How about the price, can anyone tell me if the $95 tag is in line for this model gas mask with NO carrier? I’m guessing I could have gotten it for $75 but my gut was still telling me that it was probably only worth half that, but I just don’t know.

British WWII Gas Mask?

British WWII Gas Mask?

British WWII Gas Mask?

British WWII Gas Mask?

Any information and advice would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Russ & Son

Default Re: British WWII Gas Mask?

They're not dime store Common, but I'd say $95 bucks is Terribly pricey. It's rusty and doesn't have it's pouch. Your gut is right on the money on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi there,over on this side of the pond these masks are fairly common to come across.They were a standard issue to the UK armed forces during WW2.The ones with a canvas covering over the rubber are generally a little rarer than ones which are plain black rubber but they are both valued over here at about £45.00 in their carry bag.There should also be a red metal cannister which is the filter for it.If you keep your eye's peeled in the STAR WARS film when they all trott off to the cantina you can see one "alien" at the bar is infact a bloke wearing one of these!! P.S just noticed the cannister!

I agree with the above comments.........

I also get freaked out when I see 'stickers' on militaria and antique items,
    which can remove painted finishes or leave a gummy residue.

There are sales tags available reasonably that have little lengths
    of string which can be tied to something nicely - or if an item
    is small, put it in a zip-loc baggie and stick the 'stickers'
    on these instead.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Neat item...BUT be aware the filters in some of these old WWII masks contain asbestos. Don't try it out... There are some web based articles on these dangers....Gas mask - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Too pricey ! ..... But the more uncommon ones have a double cannister at the end of the tubing. (One cannister is about a third of the size of the main standard one).

Gary J.

Thanks guys, all confirm my gut though...too pricy! I've seen plenty of the Brit rubber masks but this one with the cover was new to me and a bit hard to find and example of, on the net. Just wanted to be sure we were not passing up some great treasure.....we will leave it for the next guy.

Thanks again,

Russ & Son