Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?

Article about: Can anyone fill in the details of this gas mask its marked avon and dated 1941 it comes with its bag and accesories ,any details would be much appreciated....sorry about picture quality

Default Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?

Can anyone fill in the details of this gas mask its marked avon and dated 1941 it comes with its bag and accesories ,any details would be much appreciated....sorry about picture quality
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?   Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?  

Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?   Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?  

Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?  

Default Re: Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?

British General Service Respirator made by Avon at the 1941( a well know company).Nice condition mate

bloody things gave me nightmares for years,[sombody wore one and frightened me as a baby during the war.]they stopped when I found out what they were.

the anti fog grease is still in the tin...and it also is responsible for taking the paint off the canister..it was wrapped in a plastic bag and has sweated out of the cap coated the canister and caused the paint to lift....

Hi,thats a standard British WW2 gas mask as also seen worn by anti Nazi aliens in STAR WARS!!! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone I d this Gas mask ?  

As has already been said, its a MkV General Service Respirator. This type was standard issue within the British Armed Forces during the Second World War. Avon has manufactured the gas masks used by the British Armed Forces up until the recent introduction of the Scott GSR, along with respiratory protection Avon make all things from car tyres to cow milking machine components

Thanks

Danny

Thank You everyone for the info

Mick