Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can Anyone ID this Holster?

Article about: This unmarked holster was in the "barrack Box" that belonged to a British Officer that served in the Middle East during WW2 There are no markings on it, can anyone ID what it would

?

Default Can Anyone ID this Holster?

This unmarked holster was in the "barrack Box" that belonged to a British Officer that served in the Middle East during WW2
    There are no markings on it, can anyone ID what it would fit

Thank you

Dean O
    Canada

Can Anyone ID this Holster?Can Anyone ID this Holster?Can Anyone ID this Holster?Can Anyone ID this Holster?Can Anyone ID this Holster?Can Anyone ID this Holster?

You give no measurements, but it appears to be rather small. Possibly for a Browning model 1900 or 1910.

?

Thank you,, from the top of the closed cover to the bottom were the barrel would be is just over 7 inches, across the top of the closed holster it is just over 6 inches across.

Dean O
    Canada

The model 1900 is 6.8 inches in length, so it could be for that.

?

THATS IT!!!! Thank you again!!! I looked up that weapon and saw a couple in the very same Holster

It is interesting to note that all of this Officers uniforms have no insignia or makers tags in them, I am wondering if he was not in a regular unit as all the uniforms do not follow a standard pattern.
    I should post some photos of this fellows stuff, perhaps he was soe or a similar unit.

Dean O
    Canada

It would be best to post pictures of the uniform rather than speculate! Lack of insignia wouldn't really prove a connection to SOE, I think they tended to wear their previous unit insignia.