Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

canadian and british dressing's

Article about: very interesting, I've spent 35 years working for Johnson and Johnson here in the UK, when clearing out some old rooms in the factory I came across two US bandages, they are "Zonas"

Default canadian and british dressing's

had these in my collection a while but never posted any pics before,firstly a sealed canadian first field pack, dated 1942 and has toronto canada on it ,also under the netted mk2 is a british sealed first field pack T.J smith and nephew ,hull dated 1941 and lastly my sealed home office air raid shell dressing ,robinson and sons ltd chesterfield dated 1938 ,usually found under the netting of my turtle helmet ,but removed for these pics canadian and british dressing'scanadian and british dressing's
    Last edited by James C; 06-08-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Nice one mate!...

?

Nice field dressings James I as well have a couple of Canadian ones and a Brit home office issued one to the ARP they are starting to get hard to come by the Canadian one would have been manufactured by BAUER & BLACK is the Brit one a JOHNSON & JOHNSON.

Regards Mark K

I never got into these so I know nothing about them, but they look good James, an interesting addition to a field gear or field pack display.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice dressings. I have one jammed in a helmet net too.

cheers paul and mark your spot on with the canadian dressing with bauer and black ,the brit one is T.J smith and nephew ltd ,so im i right in saying the canadian ones are getting harder to source in your neck of the woods , thanks jerry ,they are perfect collection starters for the novice as there not too hard on the wallet and thanks panzersaurus i agree they look best displayed wedged under helmet netting

?

Nice, I've got a few of those in helmets and kicking around loose as well. An iconic little item IMO.

?

James I used to see the Canadian wartime manufactured ones for sale everywere but they are not as plentiful as they once were would like to acquire a few more.

Regards Mark K

many thanks doug mark that is very interesting i would of imagined these were plentifull .so stocks are drying up ,ill keep my eye's peeled for you ,thanks james

Well now confused.com,was Bauer & Black of toronto a differant Bauer & Black which was a division of the Kendall co-chicago?just seems to coincidental both during wartime not to be related in some way?..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast