Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian First Aid Pack

Article about: I picked this first aid pouch up many years ago. I have only seen one other like it anywhere on the internet and it was in a museum collection. It is based on, or is in fact, a British binoc

Default Canadian First Aid Pack

Canadian First Aid PackCanadian First Aid PackCanadian First Aid PackCanadian First Aid Pack

I picked this first aid pouch up many years ago. I have only seen one other like it anywhere on the internet and it was in a museum collection. It is based on, or is in fact, a British binocular case. It is rather small for the purpose but has enough room for the basics. Is this an unusual item? Why aren't there more of them around?
    It is stamped 1942 and with the Canadian "C" symbol. Also it is stamped "Made in Canada" in red ink.

Looks to be a binocular case to me thats been used as a first aid kit , still a interesting item

I agree. Not seen one before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I saw one on ebay for sale, odd that it is Canadian but has American contents. Also rather small for a first aid kit.
    When I saw the one online, I wondered if someone had put this together for camping ect.

Just My Thoughts.

Dean O
    Canada

I'm sorry, I should have noted that the contents were added by myself. The kit was empty when I picked it up. However, the contents I used were mostly the same as those shown in the identical kit I saw on the internet. It did contain many items of U.S. manufacture. Perhaps it was because Canada had no cotton production. The large olive colored wound dressing is British.

?

Saw this on a dealer site, so perhaps the Canadians weren't the only ones to re-purpose their binocular cases...

Canadian First Aid Pack

Canadian First Aid Pack

Canadian First Aid Pack