Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Medics Grouping

Article about: Just thought I might share this recent grouping of kit that I recently purchased from a fellow collector in Holland all though these shell dressing bags do pop up from time to time in the ma

?

Default Canadian Medics Grouping

Just thought I might share this recent grouping of kit that I purchased from a fellow collector in Holland all though these shell dressing bags do pop up from time to time in the marketplace Canadian manufactured examples are extremely rare.
    IMO there were not great numbers of them produced the bag is nicely dated to 1942 and was manufactured by C.H.PETCH of OTTAWA Ontario a Canadian producer that I am not familiar with.
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Another interesting item that came in the grouping was a small cloth bag for placing the items of a deceased soldiers in ie... personal effects the print is very hard to make out on the label but the next of kin,soldiers serial number and unit information is clearly visable followed by a line to write relevant data on .
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    The Medics arm band is as well nicely inc stamped to the Canadian Army .
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    The Red Cross comforts bag shown below was another pick up from a few months back and will all display rather nicely with my 43 dated Canadian Four Panel .
    Canadian Medics Grouping
    Regards Mark

?

Great grouping Mark! I have never seen an extant example of a Canadian shell dressing bag before!

?

Hi Michael thanx for the reply I have searched every were possible for a comparable example and there are just none out there to be found the same seller in Holland states he has seen one other example in 40 odd years of collecting I will post better images upon it's arrival.

Regards Mark

That's really cool.

?

That's interesting that it came from Holland, as I heard of one in a Dutch collection years ago. I have seen CHP marked wire cutters that are supposed to be Canadian, perhaps it is the same firm.

?

Just thought I would include this interesting image that recently came to light that indeed supports the use of the Four Panel in the ETO this particular image was taken in Groningen,Verlengde Oosterstraat on Sunday April the 15 1945,Pte A Monette Gives a Groningen girl her first original Virginia cigarette that she has had in a long time.
    It is thought that the Regiment was the Fusiliers Mont Royal, as there are more images that were taken on the same day and the same street of that Regiment.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Medics Grouping  

?

Hi Michael I have never heard of the company before that produced the dressing bag I as well am curious if they are one in the same.

Regards Mark