Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian P37 Pouch?

Article about: I recently got these pouch. The seller claimed it's Canadian made, can anybody verify it? funny thing, when I saw the marking of the other pouch it's written 1942, while the other one is 194

Default Canadian P37 Pouch?

I recently got these pouch. The seller claimed it's Canadian made, can anybody verify it?

Canadian P37 Pouch?

Canadian P37 Pouch?

Canadian P37 Pouch?

Canadian P37 Pouch?

funny thing, when I saw the marking of the other pouch it's written 1942, while the other one is 1943. So I guess it's not an actual pair when he sold it to me

Canadian P37 Pouch?

?

Yes, they are certainly Canadian and made by Zephyr Loom & Textile.

?

Don't worry about the differing dates, as the markings/dates would have all been mixed up when issued. These Canadian pouches also saw heavy use with Australians and New Zealanders during the war.

Thank you for the reply karkee!
    bought it for around $30 hahaha

Cheers!

?

Glad to help!

You might find this thread on Canadian webbing helpful as well, as it shows how it changed throughout the war...

Field Guide to Canadian P37 Webbing Modifications (with pictures)

I bought these on separate occasion, the cross straps, apparently the seller gave me even from a different company hahaha....
    By the way, how many company that produce the P37 webbing in Canada?

Canadian P37 Pouch?

?

There were around 20 different Canadian webbing manufacturers during the war, but the main two contractors with Zephyr Looms & Textiles, Limited (ZL&T LTD) of Guelph, Ontario and Montreal Suspender & Umbrella Manufacturing Company, Limited (MS&U LTD) of Montreal, Quebec. The other firms were much smaller and only produced particular items to supplement the production of the aforementioned firms.

Thanks for the information karkee, beside those two I only have seen the GEW

?

Yes, GEW made a lot of bayonet frogs during the war. Actually, I'm not sure if they made anything else...