Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Canadian Washroll Display

Article about: I just posted this on the Canadian forum, but I thought I'd post it here for good measure. I'm off to a good start, but I'm still looking for a couple of items. The injection molded hair com

?

CBH - Thanks, glad you found it informative!

M1910 - I have seen some late war plastic broad arrow marked combs, but I have read threads doubting their authenticity. I don't see why they couldn't be original, personally.

Comb,WD marked - Sentimental Journey - Online Store

As far as the safety razors, I have never seen one dated earlier than 1943, which I would guess would be the first year of issue...

?

The comb in my other washroll came from a 1920s box of combs that I bought in India. They seem to work well...

?

I have a similar comb to Karkee with the Canadian C and Arrow on but mine certainly is made of a modern bendy plastic which I assume was not around during WW2. These look similar but if it can be proved they came out of WW2 packaging I stand to be corrected.

?

I think injection molded plastic were around in the 40s. This is the box mine came from, I guess it could be 50s.

?

I think the Jury is still out on this one without more evidence. Unless they were made of a plastic which did not pass the test of time like the Tooth Brushes, I find it strange that they are so rare. I have a bone one in mine which is period. I was lucky to find an unissued Tooth Brush as well which are also ultra rare. If anyone has a WD marked cut throat razor for sale I would be interested.

?

I added a Canadian Toothbrush and Shaving Brush and just updated the pictures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2