Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Webley Holster?

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   Curious as to what this is? The unit markings and 'Pte.' are what caught my eye. I'd really like to learn more about it. Thanks, Mo

Default Canadian Webley Holster?

Hi guys,

Curious as to what this is? The unit markings and 'Pte.' are what caught my eye. I'd really like to learn more about it.

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Webley Holster?   Canadian Webley Holster?  

?

Nice find.Traditionally Pte is the rank of private.It looks like 86th Machine Gun Battalion written on the holster.A regiment formed in Canada then posted to England ready for the 1914-1918 war .

Quote by lew07 View Post
    Nice find.Traditionally Pte is the rank of private.It looks like 86th Machine Gun Battalion written on the holster.A regiment formed in Canada then posted to England ready for the 1914-1918 war .
    That's what I could dig up, but I don't know what kind of gun the holster is for, and the WWI connection doesn't explain the swastika. lol

Nice holster, it looks to be named to three different men, C.M Clucas, what looks to be C.Garry and Joseph E. Cha??. Possibly re issued or given to someone for use in the Second World War as well.

Cheers
    Harry