Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canteen WW2 marked USA

Article about: I have a canteen from WW2 Marked U.S and has markings 1942-1944 anyone know more about these ? I have little knowledge with military items and found it in the basement of my new house. Do th

?

Default Canteen WW2 marked USA

I have a canteen from WW2 Marked U.S and has markings 1942-1944 anyone know more about these ? I have little knowledge with military items and found it in the basement of my new house. Do they have any value and are they common ? I'd like to know some history and information about them and about the one I have. Appreciate any replies
    Canteen WW2 marked USACanteen WW2 marked USACanteen WW2 marked USACanteen WW2 marked USACanteen WW2 marked USACanteen WW2 marked USA

The canteen is a 'Canteen, Stainless Steel' (introduced in 1943) with the 1st model plastic flat top cap. It might be stamped somewhere with maker and year. Cover is the M1910 2nd model with the side seam. Cup is the 'Cup, Stainless Steel' with the half-rolled lip.

All in all a nice example of the standard canteensets in use with the US Army in WW2. They are quite common, but nice, complete sets have been going up in price the last few years. It think value will be $30 to $40.

NCA
    ?

Its a standard M1910 cover and canteen & cup.Very common i'm afraid.In the UK these sets sell for around £25-30.Nice find all the same...