MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Canvas Bed Roll with Mattress

Article about: Hello. Can anyone help me identify this canvas bedroll with leather straps and metal buckles. It has a wool blanket stitched into it and a mattress that I think is filled with down ?? The on

?

Default Canvas Bed Roll with Mattress

Canvas Bed Roll with MattressCanvas Bed Roll with MattressCanvas Bed Roll with Mattress

Hello. Can anyone help me identify this canvas bedroll with leather straps and metal buckles. It has a wool blanket stitched into it and a mattress that I think is filled with down ?? The only label relates to where it was bought and the owners details - see pics.
    I've wondered if it's a 'private purchase' officers bed roll. Any guidance would be gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Jayne

I would say a British private purchased piece.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Thanks for response Taka
    Jayne

?

Yes, private purchase. I tried to find the man on Google but was unable to spot him. Must be an officers list somewhere that will have him listed? We don't know his nationality unfortunately.

Oz

I would guess he's British most likely given the location of the store and the early date in the war (outside chance of Canadian).

He will be more than likely be British. I have a similar bed roll in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hey Oz thanks for that. I too had a quick look to see if i could find Lt Col Collins but to no avail. I work in an army surplus business and we get the odd thing in from time to time and I always like to try and find out what the item is. I guessed it was a British Army Officer given the London store. Thanks again,
    Jayne

?

Ive had a closer look at the label and it actually says 'Lt Col AF StC Collins' so I had a quick look about and found an officer in the Royal Army Service Corps listed in 1939.