Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cartridge belt ww2?

Article about: Hi, I have this cartridge belt, but I dont know if it is a ww1 or ww2 pattern... Can you help me? I need one for my ww2 GI, can this correct, or it is a ww1 pattern? Thank you

Default Cartridge belt ww2?

Hi,
    I have this cartridge belt, but I dont know if it is a ww1 or ww2 pattern... Can you help me?
    I need one for my ww2 GI, can this correct, or it is a ww1 pattern?
    Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cartridge belt ww2?  

?

I am no expert but can you take a pic of the inside of one of the pouches. They used a divider on the earlier ones.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

The divider was mainly for the 03 use and was produced through Korea. The color appears to be OD3 (olive drab 3 / khaki) which is a good sign that its WWII. I think 1945 through the Korean war they were mfg in OD7 (Dark green). Some left over WWII gear was died with green dye for later use so it is possible to find earlier produced items in OD7.

The WWI pattern started with eagle snaps and switched to that type. The WWI type was produced slightly different in the pouch and the pictured belt has WWII style pouches.

Looks fine and WW2 era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Many WWI belts have this "wave" on the pouches with either kind of snap
    Cartridge belt ww2?

The ones more similar to the WWII mfg are generally lighter in color and have a slightly different weave of canvas, and the size adjustment hardware is different from WWI to WWII
    Cartridge belt ww2?
    This WWI's pouches material is different than the flaps unlike WWII mfg
    many of these type turn a more yellow color with age

Thank you very much guys!!
    partisan

Hi,

Nice early WWII made M1 ammo belt, there should be a date and maker mark on the back of the "U.S." marked pouch. I assume a 1942 made example.
    The other way to identify a WWII example is to look at the size of the male hook.
    WWI - Large
    WWII - Small

Lots of WWI stocks were used in WWII as well, some WWI gears have "CS" (Comabt Serviceable) marked, which they were issued to the G.I.s during WWII.

There is also a British made version which has waves on the pockets, and oftenly they were 1944 made, which less common than the regular U.S. version.

I have about three WWI, and about six WWII in my collection.

Cheers!
    Taka

Thank you too, Shindenkai
    partisan

Nice M-1923 Cal.30 belt,great piece of Infantry kit to own.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast