Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Common Aussie 37 gear

Article about: by reneblacky G'day All I thought I'd post this entrenching toll carrier as it is unusually marked with the factory address and phone no. and looks as though the person that made it had to r

Default Re: Common Aussie 37 gear

Great thread!

I'm not a collector, but here is a pic of some more uncommon types of Aus 37 gear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Common Aussie 37 gear  

Quote by specopsaust View Post
    Great thread!

I'm not a collector, but here is a pic of some more uncommon types of Aus 37 gear
    Cheers, specopaust

The SMG pouches is something I don't have

G'day René,

I was actually looking through my records for that strange harness posted earlier in the thread.

Could it be for manpacking a 2 in. mortar? I have pics of a similar setup for a 3 in. mortar which I'm happy to post.

G'day René,

I was actually looking through my records for that strange harness posted earlier in the thread.

Could it be for manpacking a 2 in. mortar? I have pics of a similar setup for a 3 in. mortar which I'm happy to post.
    Please post pics and you maybe correct

Carrier harness for 3 inch mortar -

While I've got the book out...

Comparison between large basic pouch, standard basic pouch and utility pouch... plus Aus 37 Patt waterbottle carrier with belt mount. These were designed specially for jungle ops in the Islands.

And lastly,

Aus packboard

Thread hijack over

Carrier harness for 3 inch mortar -
    Thanks Mate
    May I Ask what book it is you have there?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Thanks Mate
    May I Ask what book it is you have there?
    It's out of a series called the Master General of Ordnance Memorandums.

PM inbound

?

It's out of a series called the Master General of Ordnance Memorandums.

PM inbound

Hi specopsaust.

That looks like an interesting portfolio mate.
    As is fairly common knowledge on here, I have an avid interest in "all things 37ptn webbing" and was interested to see some of the Aussie variations.
    The belt mounted SMG ammo pouch was something that I had never seen before, the only version that I have seen before was on a separate shoulder sling. The same with the 3 different types of ammo pouches, I have never seen the Aussie versions of the larger pouches.
    Subtle hint.......if you were to scan the manual, I wouldnt object to receiving a copy in my private email!

Please keep posting on this, and others.
    Rene has set up a good series of pics IMO and long may he continue to add to it, along with others.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast