Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Common Aussie 37 gear

Article about: by reneblacky G'day All I thought I'd post this entrenching toll carrier as it is unusually marked with the factory address and phone no. and looks as though the person that made it had to r

Default Re: Common Aussie 37 gear

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    All good stuff, buy it while you can at those kind of prices.

For many years mint British stuff used to be common here, now it is just drying up and prices have soared.

Cheers, Ade.
    thats funny, ive noticed over here in the states that WWII and 50's era mint british equipment has become easier to find. maybe were just stealing it all from you : /

ive been sucking up as many vietnam-era paratrooper helmets as i can find. those will be hard to find one day, im sure.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    thats funny, ive noticed over here in the states that WWII and 50's era mint british equipment has become easier to find. maybe were just stealing it all from you

So thats where all the decent stuff is going now!

Like Ade said earlier in this, a few years ago, good quality 37ptn and 44ptn kit used to be readily available at sensible prices, now its like the proverbial rocking horse sh*t and at prices that seem to be climbing all the time.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Here's a couple more

well if you fellas want any, let me know and ill run down to the surplus store and pick some up haha

weve got all kinds of stuff in our surplus stores that isnt american. there have been a lot of WWII and 50's british, israeli, and 90's european stuff coming in.

dropbear68
    ?

I picked up a handfull of those later type compass/ammo pouches from a camping shop here in Canberra a while ago for 5 bux a throw, couldnt leave them there for that. I have masses of 37 in my collection, I have like 20 water bottles, dozens of pouches and what not shopping bag full of shoulder straps etc, I dont generally like the unissued gear I like the used gear but its all getting harder to get now, I too need a decent 37 belt I have one but its blancoed and I could use a couple more, also the frogs are few and far between here in Oz at the moment, so many were blacked and whited up for use later for drill and ceremonial they were used up until fairly recently, the 37 gear will eventually dry up totally.

Beautiful mint condition webbing you have there. I am glad to know someone is taking the care to preserve these pieces.

G'day All,
    Here's something not so common - Aussie Para grenade pouches 44, sorry for the old pics taken back in 04! I did do a quick exhaustive search to find them to take better pics, but they are hidden for now! when I locate them better pictures will follow! These are very rare.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    well if you fellas want any, let me know and ill run down to the surplus store and pick some up haha

weve got all kinds of stuff in our surplus stores that isnt american. there have been a lot of WWII and 50's british, israeli, and 90's european stuff coming in.
    Hey ObKrieger To make me jealous can you take a shot of your surplus store's stock of WW2 and others? FYI 50's British is rarer than WW2! well down here it is.
    I always love to see foreign stores and see what they have

Cheers Buddy
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-31-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: added text

Something I obtained today-- a pouch and I have no idea on what it is---- vehicle related?

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Something I obtained today-- a pouch and I have no idea on what it is---- vehicle related?
    Hi RB

The pouch you have is a VERY nice example of the MT drivers ammunition pouch. (Compare it for size alongside one of your universal pouches mate)
    It was issued in place of the normal ammunition pouches because it was found that, because they, (normal ammo pouches), were in a "fixed" position on the belt because of the C-clips, they caused problems when driving. The MT pouch had a loop on the back in place of the clips and could be slid to anywhere on the belt when driving, whether it be in a truck cab or on a motorbike etc.

Regards etc

Ian D
    Last edited by jimpy; 11-01-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Addition/grammar

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast