Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Common Aussie 37 gear

Article about: by reneblacky G'day All I thought I'd post this entrenching toll carrier as it is unusually marked with the factory address and phone no. and looks as though the person that made it had to r

Default Re: Common Aussie 37 gear

Thank You kind Sir! much appreciated
    Thanks Ian D

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Thank You kind Sir! much appreciated
    Thanks Ian D

Rene,

Do me a favour please mate. Can you check the pouch size against a normal universal ammo pouch please mate.
    Ive just had another look at yours and the belt loop looks different to the ones that Ive seen and I now think that I may be wrong.
    If the pouch size is similar to a universal pouch, then I stand by my original ID of it, the belt loop is throwing me a bit, it's narrow when compared with other ones that I've seen before.
    Regards etc

Ian D

AIF
    ?

It doesnt look like a MT pouch to me, it looks too small (see the length of the belt loop) plus it also has somthing stamped on the front all I can make out is: case for vol.......? Its defiately British though.... quite the mystery

?

Quote by AIF View Post
    It doesnt look like a MT pouch to me, it looks too small (see the length of the belt loop) plus it also has somthing stamped on the front all I can make out is: case for vol.......? Its defiately British though.... quite the mystery
    Hi AIF

Thats why I revised my original identification of it and asked Rene if he could measure it up against a universal pouch, because I noticed when I looked again the different size/type of belt loop when compared with others. (see my posting above at #52)

Regards etc

Ian D.

AKA: Jimpy

?

Rene,

Is it possible for you to make out what it says on the front of the pouch, its not very clear on the photo.

Thanks
    Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Rene,

Is it possible for you to make out what it says on the front of the pouch, its not very clear on the photo.

Thanks
    Ian D
    G'day Ian D it's about half the length of a basic pouch, it seems to read as "case for voltr.pocket? 250V ........illegible
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-01-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: changed text & added photo

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    G'day Ian D it's about half the length of a basic pouch, it seems to read as "case for voltr.pocket? 250V ........illegible
    Hi Rene.

In that case, (NO pun intended!), its NOT a MT ammunition pouch mate, Sorry, I got it wrong for a change! And I dont have a clue what it is now, unless the voltr.pocket? 250v relates to something electrical:

voltr.........= ? Voltmeter
    250v........= ? 250 VOLTS

Therefore, by default, (at a GUESS!), a webbing pouch for the carriage of a 250volts voltmeter?

Apologies for the duff information earlier mate.

ADE, HELP ME ON THIS ONE PLEASE!!!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimp

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Rene.

In that case, (NO pun intended!), its NOT a MT ammunition pouch mate, Sorry, I got it wrong for a change! And I dont have a clue what it is now, unless the voltr.pocket? 250v relates to something electrical:

voltr.........= ? Voltmeter
    250v........= ? 250 VOLTS

Therefore, by default, (at a GUESS!), a webbing pouch for the carriage of a 250volts voltmeter?

Apologies for the duff information earlier mate.

ADE, HELP ME ON THIS ONE PLEASE!!!!

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimp
    It's All good Ian D I appreciate your input Thanks again Mate

Not 37 gear but I, thought I'd whack it in here- WW2 RAAF duffel bag used by three people WW2 Nominal Roll
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-02-2010 at 01:50 AM. Reason: added photos & text

AIF
    ?

Hi Rene, nice kit bag love the hand painted eagle, Now i dont want to shoot you down on this one, although in my opinion I think this bag only had one owner, I think one of the big serial numbers is a stuff up and they have put a 4 where the 9 should be or vice versa and one of these guys was the owner, the smaller number would be the shipping identification number, Im sure If it was reissued the original owners number would be scrubbed out to save confusion, I have a few Australian ww2 Army kit bags and a RAAF one also and they all have this, I just had a check and the guy with sevice number 404245 was KIA pretty sad that. Give me 1o mins and I will see if i can dig mine out and show you

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast