Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Common Aussie 37 gear

Article about: by reneblacky G'day All I thought I'd post this entrenching toll carrier as it is unusually marked with the factory address and phone no. and looks as though the person that made it had to r

Default Re: Common Aussie 37 gear

Quote by Nige H View Post
    Rene,
    quite a few of the Thompson pouches went to the U.S. via a Lend lease deal, there were two different versions made of the same item, and were locally produce by company's in Australia, its appears from my research that all Aussie made Tommy gun pouches went to the U.S.M.C.

2nd pattern U.S. Govt Contract model with longer flaps and Blackened LIFT the DOT fasteners.1st pattern U.S. Govt contract model with Blackened Durable DOT fasteners and shorter pocket flaps (Repro by Me)

Again these were not that well made when compared to U.S. produce web gear of the period, these pouches were very crudely stitched together and made entirely of canvas. All of the Unitied Carr Fasteners were of the Australia pattern and manufacture.

Nige H
    Thanks Nige H I haven't seen these! and are very rare!!!!
    Can I see a shot of the rear and stamp? + do you have a spare set? hang on that's a repro made by you yes?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-20-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: added text

Quote by AIF View Post
    Sorry still getting my head around this uploader, Im used to using photobucket, anyway her goes hopefully it worked this time....
    Lovely Queensland bag
    Thanks Mate and sorry for my late reply

?

Your friend must be doing something special for you

Quote by qotd View Post
    Your friend must be doing something special for you
    nup he's just a prick! who deserves it! now don't you start as you won't succeed. Only good Mates get the rare donations from me!

?

seems like all his christmas' have come at once, you are a very generous mate!

Quote by qotd View Post
    seems like all his christmas' have come at once, you are a very generous mate!
    only to the best

?

Hi Rene,
    here's a few more pictures, as the markings some appear to have none some the U.S. property mark plus date and markings name in that distinctive purple shade of ink.

1st pattern again, I think this is basically the same as the Aussie issue model.

Rear of said 1st pattern

2nd pattern (these also fit the longer Reising Model 50 magazines)

Again an issued pouch in USMC usage.

As to my reproduction pouch, this was made as a special project for a European based WW2 museum who wanted a "Brand New" as issued example for a USMC related exhibition. I've patterns for both models of pouch but I've only ever made the 1st pattern model, to date. They also ask me to make them a "Brand New" issue UDM 42 ammo pouch, as again these are quite rare and are often well used and tatty when found.

Nige H.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Finally found my Para grenade pouches! with the help of my good Mate (great night Tony)

These are very rare!

Quote by Nige H View Post
    Hi Rene,
    here's a few more pictures, as the markings some appear to have none some the U.S. property mark plus date and markings name in that distinctive purple shade of ink.

1st pattern again, I think this is basically the same as the Aussie issue model.

Rear of said 1st pattern

2nd pattern (these also fit the longer Reising Model 50 magazines)

Again an issued pouch in USMC usage.

As to my reproduction pouch, this was made as a special project for a European based WW2 museum who wanted a "Brand New" as issued example for a USMC related exhibition. I've patterns for both models of pouch but I've only ever made the 1st pattern model, to date. They also ask me to make them a "Brand New" issue UDM 42 ammo pouch, as again these are quite rare and are often well used and tatty when found.

Nige H.
    Thanks Nige H
    Very interesting!

?

I got to play with that last night!!!!! Cheers mate top night!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast