Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Common Aussie 37 gear

Article about: by reneblacky G'day All I thought I'd post this entrenching toll carrier as it is unusually marked with the factory address and phone no. and looks as though the person that made it had to r

Default Common Aussie 37 gear

Just some common articles I acquired today
    Shows some variations in the weave patterns in Australian web gear!
    V230 is a maker I haven't had
    Any way it only cost me au$5 bucks

Default Re: Common Aussie 37 gear

All good stuff, buy it while you can at those kind of prices.

For many years mint British stuff used to be common here, now it is just drying up and prices have soared.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    All good stuff, buy it while you can at those kind of prices.

For many years mint British stuff used to be common here, now it is just drying up and prices have soared.

Cheers, Ade.
    G'day Ade

Also the Canadian gear was very common here as it was issue to us in quantity, more so than Aussie made gear (mostly made from 43 and of inferior quality), that's why I took these, I could have taken more but enough is enough as I've got ammo boxes full of Aussie & Canadian 37 web. I did discover a pile of British universal pouches some 5 years ago and had to take the lot.
    Bottom line is it is drying up totally

I am short a British 37 belt, have you a decent one spare?

Best

René

Hi Ren, no sorry I haven't got a spare. I only have two or three myself. One is the late war type with web slidders as opposed to brass. Again wartime dated ones are geting harder to find. But I will keep an eye out for one for you.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks no problem no hurry, I'll make do with my Canadian one

Crikey !! Ammo boxes full !!! nice Wish I could say I have that much webbing :P I only have one nice set of Canadian webbing and a few bits and pieces on M E co ...I concentrated on getting p08 over the last few years and now all the p37 around here is pricey and 90% canadian with only the odd bits of ME co showig up irregularly

Quote by Boyd9211 View Post
    Crikey !! Ammo boxes full !!! nice Wish I could say I have that much webbing :P I only have one nice set of Canadian webbing and a few bits and pieces on M E co ...I concentrated on getting p08 over the last few years and now all the p37 around here is pricey and 90% canadian with only the odd bits of ME co showig up irregularly
    Well this is what I meant by ammo boxes! I don't have that many belts I think about 4 or 5
    I only have a frog in 08 and two sack loads of Aussie'15 leather water bottle carriers these were a gap filler as the canvas ones were in short supply at that time

Regards

René

hahhaha you werent kidding !!

Quote by Boyd9211 View Post
    hahhaha you werent kidding !!
    Well this is what ya get a big arse mess-- too many uniforms and gear and no room to store it and dificult to find individual items HMMMPPPHHH!!!!
    I've been collecting this crap since I was about six, mind you with a gap in my teenage years (to get the girlie's)! The wifey hates it all except the edged weapons!! So I have to be a good well behaved fella

Best
    René

uhoh !!! she likes the sharp things and hates the rest ??!?!? sounds like a recipe for disaster !!
    .... mind you mine just cant stand any of mine either !!! seems like every second night she hits the roof as she thinks there is an intruder in the lounge in the middle of the night ... then she realises it is one of my manequins and goes nuts at me !!
    Tim

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast