Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

D day criquet

Article about: heres a nice little contraption was a present form my father a few years back from a motorcycle run to normandie beaches. can anyone give me any info on it? was made for signiling to each ot

Default D day criquet

heres a nice little contraption was a present form my father a few years back from a motorcycle run to normandie beaches.

can anyone give me any info on it? was made for signiling to each other? sure would like a original one anybody got one to show original or otherwise?

ade sorry if this is in the wrong place

cheers ewan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D day criquet   D day criquet  

D day criquet   D day criquet  

D day criquet   D day criquet  

Default Re: D day criquet

here is a link of some original crickets Equipment

Hi Ewan,
    I have one too, i like it..
    I saw one original on one of the museums in Normandy, it is a little bit different
    If I'm not wrong, during the D-Day the paras used one "clik" as question, the right answer was a double "click"...just like the code words flash and thunder

Davide

guys cheers for the infos and link

You can still buy those in Normandy area... When I was there for the 60th I remember seeing them for sale even in the petrol stations... and they were really frighteningly accurate and very cheap.

Quote by Soldierblu View Post
    You can still buy those in Normandy area... When I was there for the 60th I remember seeing them for sale even in the petrol stations... and they were really frighteningly accurate and very cheap.
    I was there also then... (and will be back for the 70th).
    I purchased two of them, but only one is working properly. Cheap trash made in Ch*na

Heres a link ewan to a firm that makes these now, they are made on the same machines in the same Birmingham UK factory that made them originally in WW2. I have one and they are extremely well made and work perfectly, link....WW2 Airborne Cricket 101st Airborne Clicker

hey thanks for the link mate the one i have from france works like it should and is made well enough a good present if you ask me

Great link thanks as well!

If you watch the film 'The Longest Day', you will see this item used and demonstrated several times!

Right up to the point where a GI hears a German cocking his rifle and he thinks it a clicker..bang!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast