Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Demolition pliers?

Article about: Hey guys,Ive tried searching for an example of these pliers but no luck,anyone able to help me with era,country of manufacture and specific use? they look to me like demo pliers with the paw

?

Default Demolition pliers?

Hey guys,Ive tried searching for an example of these pliers but no luck,anyone able to help me with era,country of manufacture and specific use? they look to me like demo pliers with the pawl for pushing det hole in blocks of PE and the pry tip for opening crates of PE,wire strippers and cutters but what should be the det crimp part doesn't look right...any help would be fantastic! Thanks Sean
    Oh has dept of defense and broadarrow stamp at the pivot,bit hard too see in pics unless you enlarge..

Demolition pliers?Demolition pliers?Demolition pliers?
    Last edited by Torch; 03-02-2014 at 10:04 AM.

?

I know it must be commonwealth from the stampings but only demo pliers I can find on the net are the US M2 and SOE models..

?

The "D/l\D" is Australian isn't it? That could explain the variation.

?

Hi there,thanks for the reply,I'm not 100% sure,I know the brits use the broadarrow but Im not sure if they use it with the double d as well...im sure someone will tune in and clarify,thanks Sean

Well, if they are Aussie issue then I reckon they are for nutcrackers, Torch ( two sizes ) and a spike on one end for piercing tinnies and a screwdriver for pinching number plates off the CO's staff car!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Me thinks you're onto something there...can use the driver end for popping off pop top stubbies..safer than using my eye socket!

?

Quote by Torch View Post
    Hi there,thanks for the reply,I'm not 100% sure,I know the brits use the broadarrow but Im not sure if they use it with the double d as well...im sure someone will tune in and clarify,thanks Sean
    Yes, the Broad Arrow has been used by the British government to denote it ownership for hundreds of years and many, if not most, Commonwealth nations use a variation of it as well for the same purpose. Australian uses "D/l\D" to show ownership by the Department of Defense. Skepticism aside see:

The Broad Arrow - Australian Army

This is from the website of the Australian Army. The photograph nicely shows the marking your pliers have, they are Australian.

?

Thanks guys,a gentleman here in aus said they are gas fitting pliers,im still quite keen to find a paper reference too them but the net isn't turning up anything of use..if anyone recognises these and could lead me too a picture and reference that would be great!
    cheers Sean