Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Denison Smock question.

Article about: Morning Boys. I found this Zipper in amongst a load of ww2 relics in Hong Kong. It is 12 Inches long. At first I thought it was a modern zipper, but after a little scrub I saw "Lightnin

?

Default Denison Smock question.

Morning Boys.
    I found this Zipper in amongst a load of ww2 relics in Hong Kong. It is 12 Inches long.

At first I thought it was a modern zipper, but after a little scrub I saw "Lightning" which I have since tracked down to a ww2 era Denison smock (Half Zipper).
    Here is where I get confused. The place where I found it saw action in Dec. '41 by both British and Canadian's. However it appears the Denison Smock was first used (in about '41) by Para's and Spec ops, which were not in Hong Kong.

Has anyone come across a pre-'42 Denison Smock with a 12 Inch (half) Zipper? Or, can anyone think of another item that used a 12 Inch zipper (preferably Lightning)

Denison Smock question.

Default Re: Denison Smock question.

These zips are commericial items. There is no way a Denison smock was worn in Hong Kong at this time. Some RAF flying clothing used lightning zips I think?

Cheers, Ade.

Looks US -
    I do have Aussie garmets with this brand also
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-11-2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: mistaken

?

Thanks for the help.
    It really has me stumped. I found the Zipper up a stream bed (quite off the beaten Track) which the Japanese used. I found it next to a load of 6.5mm ammo and a fuze, so I find it difficult to believe that it is not ww2 related (no modern rubbish closed by). It obviously seems more likely that it was used by the Allies.

I have attached a photo of all the things I found.

As usual, More questions than answers.