Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Do these turn up often?

Article about: I picked this up some time ago and thought I would post pictures. I am curious if these show up frequently on the market and if the numbers "4 31" stamped on the side indicate Apri

?

Default Do these turn up often?

I picked this up some time ago and thought I would post pictures. I am curious if these show up frequently on the market and if the numbers "4 31" stamped on the side indicate April 1931.

Do these turn up often?

Do these turn up often?

Do these turn up often?

The Mark VII round was introduced in 1910 and remained the standard ball round for the remainder of the .303 cartridges service life. The stamp is indeed the manufacture date. They are not rare, there were several boxes for sale recently at the West Midlands Game Fair.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned! Any idea what the price range is?

Sorry, I didn't notice.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The red label may indicate tracer, i'm not sure, but the box labels vary in colour, red, green, purple etc. Better wait for some comments by the ammo guru's.

Regards, Ned.

?

Perhaps it is more just surplus ammunition than a collector's item if they are that abundant...