Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Document canister?

Article about: Hello all I was hoping someone could help me with this topic. I bought the canister from Brunswick N.S.W advertised as a WW1 document carrier. The owner purchased it from Victoria. I am yet

King
    ?

Question Document canister?

Hello all
    I was hoping someone could help me with this topic. I bought the canister from Brunswick N.S.W advertised as a WW1 document carrier. The owner purchased it from Victoria.
    I am yet to find anything similar that's Australian made and army issued. Any help would be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Document canister?   Document canister?  

?

I have two of these myself. I was told they could be for carrying mortar rounds?? No markings on mine.

Oz.

King
    ?

Thanks for the quick reply Oz.
    That could explain the thick padding underneath the lid I guess, ammunition sounds a bit closer to it then documents but could be wrong. I haven't found any markings either
    Jesh