Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Does anybody know what kind of canteens?

Article about: Just got these canteens together with some more nice militaria. I collect german militaria, which these are not. I think the second canteen is British WW2. What about the other one anyone??

Default Does anybody know what kind of canteens?

Just got these canteens together with some more nice militaria. I collect german militaria, which these are not. I think the second canteen is British WW2. What about the other one anyone??

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anybody know what kind of canteens?   Does anybody know what kind of canteens?  

Does anybody know what kind of canteens?   Does anybody know what kind of canteens?  

Does anybody know what kind of canteens?   Does anybody know what kind of canteens?  

?

Default Re: Does anybody know what kind of canteens?

Hi Mikel

The one in the pale khaki sleeve is British 1937ptn in a mid/late war carrier with a non-standard shoulder strap. These were normally carried on a standard webbing brace when not slung on the webbing harness. Cant help you with the other one, sorry.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Italian. If the small plug w/chain attached is removeable it is W.W.2 I believe. Rich A. in Pa.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Italian. If the small plug w/chain attached is removeable it is W.W.2 I believe. Rich A. in Pa.
    Thanks. I was thinking Italy too.. Can anybody confirm this?

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Mikel

The one in the pale khaki sleeve is British 1937ptn in a mid/late war carrier with a non-standard shoulder strap. These were normally carried on a standard webbing brace when not slung on the webbing harness. Cant help you with the other one, sorry.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

THanks Jimpy! So this one is complete! Nice! Collection keeps on getting bigger. This forum is such a great help with guys like you.