Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

dust goggles help

Article about: ive had these british dust goggles for a while now and just wondered if as they are tinted they are post war issue ,the only period ones i can find have a clear lens as seen here on a free p

Default dust goggles help

ive had these british dust goggles for a while now and just wondered if as they are tinted they are post war issue ,the only period ones i can find have a clear lens as seen here on a free polish paratrooper also was this the type famously worn by rommel any help appreciated dust goggles helpdust goggles helpdust goggles help
    Regards James

The only dust goggles I used to see in the army surplus stores (in my youth) came in wallets with so many pairs to the wallet. I only ever saw clear (flimsy) celluloid types. I was led to believe that Rommel used captured British stock. The colour of the strap on your example would suggest RAF issue.

Cheers,
    Steve.

thanks for your thoughts on this one steve i cant quite remember if these came in a wallet if they did i must of binned it or perhaps it was simple cardboard packaging but i no longer have it ,so possibly raf use thats interesting ,i really dont know to much about these ,there is no date stamp markings visible and the only legible writing is on the pop studs which simply say newey, england
    Regards James

Hi James,

Here is my thread on the similar Canadian dust goggles for your reference.

WWII Canadian Dust Goggles a.k.a "Rommel Goggles"

Cheers!
    Taka

thanks takai will have a look at your link
    Regards James

?

Here you go James have a look at this link here just scroll down the page and there are a couple of decent examples of the tinted anti gas eye shields and there paper sleeves of issue .
    WWII BRITISH ARMY EQUIPMENT PHOTOS

Regards Mark

that is a superb link mark the ones shown there are identical to my example ,great to see some confirmation of there use during this period as i honestly thought post war so a great result cheers james
    Regards James