Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enamel mug

Article about: Another pick up from the weekend, 1952 dated but very hard to find a wartime dated example for various reasons, so very pleased to get it especially as was only 3 quid.

Default Enamel mug

Another pick up from the weekend, 1952 dated but very hard to find a wartime dated example for various reasons, so very pleased to get it especially as was only 3 quid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enamel mug  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: Enamel mug

Be better with beer in it!..

Rum
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice pick up Jerry and not too badly chipped by the looks of it mate.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Excellent find, they're funny things though. Because they are metal and quite large, if you have a full mug of tea you start by burning your lip on the rim and the last third of a cup is normally stone cold by the time you get to it.

Quote by Warspite View Post
    Excellent find, they're funny things though. Because they are metal and quite large, if you have a full mug of tea you start by burning your lip on the rim and the last third of a cup is normally stone cold by the time you get to it.
    The dealer I got it from serves cuppas in stainless steel mugs and they are the same, too hot to start and then go too cold too quickly.
    Regards,

Jerry

Mine was brand new when I got it, but three years of re-enacting means it looks like yours now, unfortunately it doesn't take much to chip them.

I noticed two for sale on Ebay since I bought this one, both said to be wartime, but not sure if they were.
    Regards,

Jerry

The heat problem is a simple one.....fill with Courvoisier XO....drink...and enjoy..... Problem solved.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

These could be obtained for 50p about 15 years ago from Anchor surplus in Nottingham, but in the end the dealers came in and bought the lot. Times have changed and so have prices.

I have included a 1952 dated one in the forum raffle as part of a group pf British items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast