Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Field Phone

Article about: Sure PM me your email (I have it somewhere but would take time to find). I thought I gave you a copy... oh well.. Rob

Default Re: Field Phone

Sure PM me your email (I have it somewhere but would take time to find). I thought I gave you a copy... oh well..

Rob

?

Wow, fantastic information, thanks so much Rob and Joseph. Rob, that's a great period photo. I'll take your offer on the .pdf, I'll drop you a line.
    I like this phone, it seems it is quite a common item but it certainly is of its time and is pleasing to look at, and I think it would pretty much compliment any Allied WW2 display.
    Nuno, as regards a lucky find, I get brought all sorts of stuff at work, an example of some blades below which I will post on the relevant section(s) soon. The helmets on this thread were brought in too. The staff wear them sometimes :-) I think the most unusual item has to be a Household Cavalry bearskin which I have.
    I had some clown bring in some Russian WW2 grenades once, fuzes intact, with dirt still on them.
    Advice was given in the strongest possible terms!
    Thanks again for the info.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Phone   Field Phone  

Last edited by aj4010; 08-10-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Rob, as an aside. In your photo, who is this guy, and what the heck is he up to?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field Phone  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

According to the caption HERE, that's Gunner "Chuck" Drickerson operating an optical rangefinder.

Quote by Paul B View Post
    According to the caption HERE, that's Gunner "Chuck" Drickerson operating an optical rangefinder.
    That's exactly what he is doing. Field Regiments held various such technical equipment, although they tended not to use it as much as the simple map-spotting tools of map, compass and binoculars. Rangefinders Nos 2, 11, 11A, 13 and 13A were the types used by artillery. The one in the picture is a No 2 I think.

BTW, I actually wrote that caption, it's from the website of another forum I belong to The original caption from the Canadian Archives suggested Dickerson is wearing a US helmet, which I copied, but I have my doubts...

Rob

?

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    That's exactly what he is doing. Field Regiments held various such technical equipment, although they tended not to use it as much as the simple map-spotting tools of map, compass and binoculars. Rangefinders Nos 2, 11, 11A, 13 and 13A were the types used by artillery. The one in the picture is a No 2 I think.

BTW, I actually wrote that caption, it's from the website of another forum I belong to The original caption from the Canadian Archives suggested Dickerson is wearing a US helmet, which I copied, but I have my doubts...

Rob
    It looks more like an OTAN, or is he wearing an M1 backwards?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

Some great stuff there!Its always good to be known as the guy that collects 'that old army stuff'

As for Rob's photo, to me it looks like a Fallschirmjäger creeping up on them with a Bazooka!

?

Quote by NCA View Post
    Some great stuff there!Its always good to be known as the guy that collects 'that old army stuff'

As for Rob's photo, to me it looks like a Fallschirmjäger creeping up on them with a Bazooka!
    You know, that was my first thought too.
    I think it's an M1 worn backwards, so the peak doesn't get in the way of the viewfinder.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

It is very Fallschirmjäger-ish in appearance...

I really don't know

Rob

cool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast