Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fire Extinguisher

Article about: Hello, Allied junkies. I found this on CL local to me. These are the only three pics I have for now. Any help is appreciated. I don't know if it's good or a repro, but since it was close (li

Default Fire Extinguisher

Hello, Allied junkies. I found this on CL local to me. These are the only three pics I have for now. Any help is appreciated. I don't know if it's good or a repro, but since it was close (literally about a mile away) I thought about trying to picking it up. And, because I don't know anything about them, any additional help you can provide as to the value or price these go for would be very helpful, so I can be competitive with negotiations. Thanks!

Fire ExtinguisherFire ExtinguisherFire Extinguisher

Well, a quick sweep through eBay alone tells a good bit on these pistol grip extinguishers. Most that you see have been painted Red over the years and do not have their mounting brackets. These types were used in such vehicles from halftracks to bombers. The cheapest one you can see in past sales went for over $150 dollars and the highest went for $565 bucks, so figure accordingly.(the 565 dollar one looked no different from the others-they were all painted and in ratty shape-they must have found 2 idiots with big wallets to argue over it) This one is Unused and Still in it's original shipping box and has it's paper sleeve and filling tag still on it. I'm thinking if you can get it for a decent price you could be looking at something to make some serious profit on.

Go to eBay's Completed sales listings and do a search for "wwii fire extinguisher" and you'll see.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Buy it if the price is right.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you, William. I had done a quick Google search before heading to bed last night. I saw various threads from other forums but nothing along the lines of prices, etc. I sent the seller a message. He apparently has three of them. I can pick them up tonight I hope.

I would Hope that you are picking up all Three? lol
    William

Thats the plan!
    He said one is new in the box, never opened. The other two were new in the box but he had no idea what they were until after he had opened them and then it was too late, they were open. But I'm not too worried about that. He sent me a list of other stuff he has. Some big stuff. Engine starters for aircraft and some Korean War era fuel tank heater or something, new in the box. A specially designed scope for viewing atomic explosions.

Sounds like you've bumped into something with Good Potential! Good luck and keep us up to date! Are his prices reasonable?
    William

Nope, lol. Outside of the fire extinguishers, he wants high dollar. Talking $5 grand for the pair of engine starters, or whatever they were. He turned down $4 grand for the Navy atomic viewing scope. WAAAAYYYY too rich for my wallet.

I think you're locked onto the Real treasures there anyway-the 3 unissued pistol grip extinguishers. But the atomic scope would have been Damned cool! And who knows? Maybe it actually Is worth big bucks? Unfortunately, though, when you start gambling with high stakes, your loss potential is higher too! Grab the extinguishers and let him enjoy his pricey paper weights, I'd say!There can't be a huge market for the scopes and starters, so he might be sitting on them for a Long time... lol
    William

I agree 100%. Outside of a WWII museum, who is going to put aircraft engine starters to use? Very limited client market. At least I can carry the fire extinguishers with me, lol. If he has the atomic scope I will try to get some photos so I can share it here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast